Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Null (\0) in column in a grid. Binding AJAX. Using Telerik. Chrome/Firefox fine. IE no so much.

Very strange problem.

When running in Chrome I get the following result:
When I run the same page in IE I get no records:
If I do press F12 in IE. Go to the "Script" tab and press on "Start Debbuging". I get the error



Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 12029

Got in contact with Telerik and they tell me this is a problem with Microsoft AJAX. The only way around it is to remove the nulls (\0) from my string before I post to the grid.


 if (Request.Browser.Browser == "IE")
{
    encoded1 = encoded1.Replace("\0", " ");
    encoded1 = encoded1.Replace("\n", "<br/>");
}

Now it works fine:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Kitematic - Self Signed Certificate In Certificate Chain

Found this issue while behind a enterprise proxy. Proxy uses self signed certificate. Windows has the certificate as trusted, docker works f...